Saturday, October 22, 2005

I watched something extremely interesting last night on HBO. Please understand that I'm not going to make a habit of critiquing journalism, but since I have a goddamned opinion on everything, it will happen occasionally. Bob Costas had a panel discussion with John McEnroe, Jim Palmer, and Pete Rose. What I found noteworthy was that Palmer, Costas, and McEnroe found every articulate, polite way to tell Rose that he was a degenerate piece of human filth, yet Rose sat back and took it, because they all beleived that he should be in the Hall of Fame. Frankly, I could care less if he's in the Hall of Fame or not, but to watch him get abused in a fashion that was beyond his intellectual capacity was enjoyable. The guy's a moron and I hope they keep him out of the hall of fame for a lot longer just to see him make a fool of himself on TV over and over again.
Also, on HBO last night was one of the all time great rants on Inside the NFL by Cris Carter. I will admit that I'm not a big fan of Cris Carter, but on this week's show, he was AWESOME. They did a piece on Bill Romonowski punching that Raider backup tight end during a practice two years ago, essentially ruining the guy's career. Romo's gross lack on contrition was disgusting, and his lack of candor was appalling, such as swearing he was not on steroids at the time. Think about it, the guy spent almost every waking moment in the NFL on some kind of steroid, but at the moment he illogically destroyed a man's career, he was clean. The hypocrisy was not lost on Carter. Who referred to him as a dirty player and a bad guy. He then admonished Costas, Marino, and Collinsworth for being objective in their language in referring to Romo. Then he declared Romo unworthy of their airtime and tabled the topic. It was entertaining and satisfying. Romo is an appalling human being, who cheated for years, treated people like garbage, and now is attempting to profit from being a social deviant. If you buy his book, you deserve to be punched like that poor Raider tight end and please never read my blog again.
So, have you ever walked into the bathroom at work and smelled one of those foul dumps. Now, as gross as that smell is, once you leave the bathroom, its easily forgotten, unless you put a face to the smell. I walk in the Mens room the other day, I catch a wiff of something that was probably doody, but could have easily been a dead animal. And as I'm washing my hands trying not to breath through my nose, a well like dco -worker emerges from the stall with a big hearty hello. My question is this. How do I look at this nice guy again without conjuring images of that horrendous odor?? Am I going to smell that every time I say hello to this guy? How long will it take for me to forget that odor?? Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

No comments: